Sunday, January 12, 2014

Movies I'm Excited to See

2014 brings chances for new beginnings, a fresh start in a new year, and many other things.  I'm excited and scared to see what this new year holds, but one things I do know: the movies will be awesome!  Here are some of the ones I'm looking forward to in the first few months 2014.

Just click on the movie titles to go to IMDb.com where you can see more information and watch trailers.

January
Lone Survivor - This one is already out, and Thomas and I already have plans to see it, but I still can't hardly wait.  I love a lot of the cast members (Mark Wahlberg, of course), and I also really love a good action movie.  I'm interested to see this one since it's based on a true story and apparently pretty close to what really happened.

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - I'm a big fan of all the Jack Ryan movies (I've never read any of the books though).  I have loved Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, and Ben Affleck as Jack Ryan, and I'm also really excited to see Chris Pine in the role.

I, Frankenstein - This one is a bit more of a wild card.  Aaron Eckhart playing Frankenstein's monster in a mythical world with different species battling for control.  I'm not sure about how I feel about Aaron Eckhart in this type of role, but the storyline intrigues me.

February
The Monuments Men - I am DYING to see this movie.  An "Ocean's 11" type of cast in a World War II drama/comedy/action flick.  Oh, amazing.  This movie is going to be absolutely amazing.

Robocop - Eh, this one is sort of a take-it-or-leave-it one for me.  I'm interested in the story line but not wow-ed by the cast, so we'll see. With all the other choices, this is one that may have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

Winter's Tale - So I recently read the book, and the movie will probably be absolutely nothing like it.  But that isn't necesarrily a bad thing.  The book was very confusing, and the ending was weird.  So I'll be really happy if they deviate a bit and just turn it into the really beautiful love story that is almost was.

Non-Stop - Liam Neeson doing what he does best... getting the bad guys.  On a plane.  Over the Atlantic (or Pacific, or something).  Against all odds.  I don't really care what else this movie has going for it, I'm already in.

March
300: Rise of an Empire - Well, I loved "300".  So, this one has me interested.  The cast isn't quite as good as the first movie.  But ancient Greek and Roman history is my thing.  So even if it's butchered into things that didn't really happen in history, even if I don't love the cast, even if the storyline is completely fake, I will still watch it.  I just love this time period that much.

Divergent - I loved the book!  And the second book.  The third book, not so much.  But, from the looks of all the previews I've seen, the movie seems like it will pretty heavily deviate from the book.  So, I'm really interested to see what the filmmakers' visual take is.

Noah - I've mentioned this movie before when the preview first came out, but I'm still really excited to see this!  I absolutely love Russell Crowe (I mean, who doesn't?!), and this has the possibility to be an epic movie with a great spiritual message.  I'm really excited about this one.

So, this isn't completely a comprehensive list.  Thomas and I may end up seeing a few others in the coming months.  And we may end up skipping a few of these.  But I'll keep you updated on my reviews as I see them!  "Lone Survivor" this week, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment