Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Few Collected Updates {Wednesday Wins}

Well, since I haven't blogged any Wednesday Wins in a while, here are a few from the past week or so...
Puzzle 2 (barely fit on the table)
I finished puzzle #2 and am on to #3.  This third one is an ENORMOUS, 2,000 piece puzzle that I got last Christmas (?), and it is so big, I can't put it together on my weaving/craft table.  It only fits on the kitchen table.  Which is why I've never succeeded in putting in completely together before.  I started working on it when I first got it, but we got really tired of perpetually eating on tv trays before I could get anywhere close to finishing it.  So this time, I'm trying to put it together in sections on my craft table, then when it's close to being finished, I will transfer it to the kitchen table for the final touches.  We'll see if that plan actually works or not. 

We started up trivia again tonight after a two week break for the holidays.  We did terrible, but it's still fun.  Better luck next week I guess!

I got a JoAnn's gift card for Christmas, and today I used it to buy some fabric for another maxi skirt.  The fabric is a bold coral and black stripe, so I'm excited to see how it turns out.  I'm not so sure how the challenges stripes present will mesh with my compulsive impatience while sewing!  Yikes!

I made creme brulee variation number 3 (banana) a few days ago, and it was also a major success!  I will definitely have to share those recipes soon.  I used my new donut pan for the first time also.  Another good recipe I'll have to blog.  I also have a dinner recipe ready to go.  I just have to get with the program and actually post these things on the blog.  (I have yet to get a photo of any of the creme brulees yet... They usually get devoured the second they are ready to eat.)

A recent blessing was Beth Moore's book sale on Amazon.  In the past few days, she had a ton of ebooks for sale for free and for $.99!!!  So, needless to say, I downloaded at least ten of her books and only spent a few dollars!  I'm currently using "Praying God's Word Day by Day" as a sort of prayer devotional each day.  I have been trying to incorporate more scripture into my prayer life, so it's really nice to have a guide to help with that!  Loving it!  I can't wait to get started on some of her other books too!  You should definitely check it out, but I'm also not sure how long these books will be on sale, so hurry!

My kitty cat has become really cuddly lately, and I am soaking it up!  She will even fall asleep on me while I'm sitting on my stool working on the puzzles.  She has been initiating the cuddles at least once a day to take a nap on my lap!  And it's so stinkin' adorable!!!!!  I could post about 900 pictures of her, but I will spare you!  You're welcome.

What day is it?  HUMP DAY!  Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment