Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Crepes from Heaven


 
So, I bought some fresh strawberries at the store yesterday.  And as I was laying in bed last night, I decided just what to do with them... Strawberries and Cream Crepes!

BEST.  IDEA.  EVER.

These crepes were absolutely amazing!  Seriously, crepes from heaven is not at all an exaggeration!  I could have kept eating these until it killed me.  That's how amazing they were!  I definitely should not have eaten all four.  I would highly suggest sharing these with a friend unless you want to follow them up with a major workout (which I did, good for me, lol).
You should go make them... Now... Whatever time it is that you're reading this!  I had them for breakfast, but they would be equally as perfect for dessert!

So I used my Crepes for One recipe.  Then I whipped (literally) up some cream cheese cream to put inside of them.  And with the tart, fresh berries.  YUM!
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream (for one)
This made the perfect amount of cream for the four crepes that the Crepes for One recipe makes.  *Note: the crepe in the photo was filled a little too full, so I filled the other ones a bit less to compensate.

2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
  1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
  2. Add whipping cream and powdered sugar.  Beat until combined and slightly stiffened.
  3. Set in refrigerator while you cook the crepes.  (Crepes for One Recipe)
  4. Spoon two dollops into the center of each crepe, then top with fresh strawberries.
  5. Roll the crepes up and enjoy heaven!
 I am not even kidding.  I would make these every single day of the week if they wouldn't make me fat!  Please go make them so that someone else will know what heaven tastes like with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment