Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Few Small Wins

I've been preoccupied the past few days with making sure Thomas' birthday was a success so I've racked up a few wins to mention today!
  1. Thomas' birthday was a big success.  Everything went well, and Thomas and I had a good time celebrating.
  2. We still have some of his birthday cheesecake in the fridge, and it is all I can do to not devour it while he's at work.  I figure since it's his birthday dessert, we should probably eat it together.
  3. We have been having some absolutely perfect weather here in Florida!  The days are just spectacular with the perfect temperature, sunshine, and a breeze coming off the ocean.  It's enough to make any thoughts of a bad day just float away!
  4. I went for a run today (first one in a little while; I've been lazy lately), and it felt pretty darn good.  I was surprised at how well it went.  I was expecting my little unplanned hiatus to really kill me, but it didn't!
  5. I've got {almost} all of our dinners planned for the month of March!  I'm trying to be really good about planning to see if I can lower our monthly grocery budget.
  6. My kitty is being really adorable sometimes!  On Saturday, Thomas had to work later than normal (usually he's home by lunch), I was bummed about having to eat lunch by myself.  But then... I didn't.  Apparently I had a lunch date with Lolo and just didn't know about it!  She sat across from my tv tray while I ate my lunch, mainly because she wanted me to share, but I like to think she knows that that stuff warms my heart!

Like I said, just a few small happinesses.  But that's what matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment