Saturday, February 1, 2014

Another Maxi Skirt

I mentioned a while ago that I had some new fabric to make another maxi skirt with, and this week, I finally got around to making it!  I also mentioned that I am a very impatient seamstress.  Meaning that I will skip steps if I don't see them as absolutely necessary, and I will go off pattern if the pattern makes it look harder than I think I could make it on my own.

All this combined with the fact that the fabric I chose was a knit (in general harder to sew than woven fabrics), it had stripes (more things to match up and make straight), and I wasn't following a pattern to begin with, I was a little worried about how the skirt would turn out.  I have made some things in the past that, once they're finished, disappear into the back of the closet and never get worn until I finally throw them out.  That's what comes from not being willing to follow directions.

But, surprisingly, the skirt turned out pretty well!  Meaning, I will actually wear it!  Woohoo!  It's a very similar design to the aqua one I just made, but I tweaked a few things to work better for this fabric, etc.

So I finished it up this morning and snapped some pictures!  Though the colors may not show super accurately here, it's coral and black striped!

No comments:

Post a Comment