Thursday, October 31, 2013

An Update and a New Project

So, it's not that I haven't cooked in the past few days, it's just that I haven't cooked anything new to blog about.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I made an apple pie on Sunday, and it definitely needs to make it's way onto the blog.  The problem was that it was gone so fast, I completely forgot to photograph it.

So, beyond not having recipes to blog, there's not much going on in my life.  Band is super busy at the moment; our big competition is on Saturday, but still it's coming to a close.  Thomas goes to work. I clean the house, do laundry, cook, go to band.  We do some stuff together.  Our life is not what you would call "incredibly interesting" right now.

We did go back to counting calories this week.  After taking a break for several months, Thomas decided he wanted a little refresher.  It's so hard to not eat too much.  I just love to make food and eat food so much.  It's been a struggle for me to not eat too much now that I'm not teaching too.  Because, when I was at school all day, I didn't have access to a bunch of snacks.  Now that I'm home a lot more, there are always snacks in the next room, and my brain wants me to eat nonstop, even if my tummy isn't hungry.  So, we're doing a little refresher counting calories for now.

My only news is that I just warped up a new project.  Here's a sneak peek!
I don't love traditional fall colors too much, but this has a little bit of a fall feel without being too drab.  I'm going to try a new technique with this one, so I'm excited to see how it turns out!  It might take a while though, the lace technique I want to try is a little intricate and can be monotonous.  We'll see though!

1 comment: