Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It is finished!!! {Lundi Little Lovelies}

**So, this is just a little late getting finished since the hubs got home earlier than expected yesterday.  Don't think I'm complaining though!

Well!  I did it!  I finished my scarf over the weekend!  Woohoo!  It came off the loom on Friday, looking like this:
 
And it takes a little time to do the finishing touches like making sure it won't unravel at the ends and creating the cute twists for the fringe.

So, here's the finished product!
It's got purple, navy blue, seafoam green, shiny silver, and a variegated yarn that looks like a movie reel (those are the little squares you see).
 Weaving is one of those things that really does bring me some contentment.  It's such a peaceful activity that allows your mind to wander.  I can just sit and think while I weave, or I can turn on music or a movie.  I just love it!  And I especially love when whatever I'm making turns out to be something I like (which does not always happen.)!  And you get such a sense of accomplishment when you make something from start to finish.  It's such a lovely little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment