Friday, May 16, 2014

Current Addictions


So, I haven't been baking very much lately.  I've done the cook-dinner-every-night thing, but my extra curricular baking has been minimal.  I've mostly been sticking to the old favorites when I have been putting anything sweet in the oven.  So, sorry that there haven't been any great recipes, but I'll get back there eventually.  I am trying out a new recipe for breakfast Saturday morning, so if that's any good, I'll let you know!  We've had some other things going on, and I've been going at it pretty hard with the work outs, so I'm trying not to undo them with lots of unhealthy desserts every night.

Speaking of the training, I finished week 4 today and ran a total of 8.1 miles this week!  Woohoo!

So here are a few of the things I've been addicted to lately:

Jif Natural Peanut Butter.  Yep.  Still addicted.  I've eaten this on some type of food just about everyday for the past month and a half.  (Examples: bagels, English muffins, in smoothies, apples, waffles, etc.)  I LOVE it!

Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds.   I had never had these things until Thursday, but I'd been craving some Almonds and these were mega on sale, so I picked 'em up.  And I am so totally hooked now.  They're addicting.  They're one of those "Oh I'll just pop open the can and eat one or two (meaning you'll actually eat 12)" types of foods.  Yummy!

Braids.  I have been trying to amp up my braiding skills, so every time I do something new that involves braids, I snap a few photos; I'm planning a post to show you a few of these.

Cute summery dresses.  It's been pretty hot here lately, so some light, airy dresses have been just the thing to keep cool.  Here's the one that my awesome hubby bought me on my mini shopping spree.  I wore it for our date tonight!  =)

Spider Solitaire.  So I have the app on my phone, and I just cannot stop playing it in my free time.  It is so stinkin' addicting!

Quiz Up.  Another game on my phone.  Thomas introduced me to this game about a week ago, and it's basically trivia on a ton of different subjects.  So if that doesn't scream "Rachel", I don't know what does!

My training program.  You could probably tell that already.  But I'm so ecstatic about how I feel and the sense of accomplishment this program is giving me.  It's awesome (even though I can't walk up the stairs or chase the cat down the hallway without groaning and wanting to fall over because my legs are so tired today).

So there's that.  Like I mentioned, Thomas and I had a great date tonight.  We went to a restaurant called The Mansion (not as hoity-toity as it sounds) and sat on the rooftop with a great view of the river.  Then tomorrow we're going to the beach to hang out and play sand volleyball with some friends!  Yippee!  And hopefully Saturday's muffin recipe turns out well, and I'll be able to blog it next week.

Happy weekend!

***Update:  I forgot one:  Nail polish.  I'm completely addicted to nail polish in general right now!  Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment