Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday #2 - People Edition

So, this week, for Thankful Thursday, I want to focus on some of the people in my life.  And please note that it would take for-e-ver to list everyone I'm thankful for, so don't get all huffy if I don't mention you or someone.  Know that I'm thankful for a lot more than I can take time to list.

I am most thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ.  Without Him in my life, forgiving me, loving me, leading me, saving me, I would have nothing.  Without the Lord, I wouldn't have anyone or anything to be thankful for.

I am truly and wonderfully blessed that God gave Thomas to me.  We are best friends (which means that many days I want to throw him out the window just as much as kiss him), and I am honored that God chose me to get to take care of him and love him for the rest of our lives.  (And Thomas, I better get rewarded for saying such nice things about you so publicly!  Lol)

I am so thankful for my family.  To have grown up in a godly home is a blessing that so many do not have, and I am so glad to have the parents I have.  And now that I'm not a stubborn teenager anymore (mostly), I can say that with a sincere heart. 

Since we have moved to Florida, God has placed us in a wonderful church!  And through that church we have received so many blessings.  We have friends that truly sharpen us just as we have the honor of sharpening them.  It is a joy to have people to live life with.

There are so many people who have poured into me and helped to shape me into the person I am today.  And I am thankful for each and every one of them.  It would take entirely too long to list everyone by name, and I don't want to do so because I would inevitably forget someone.  But the list ranges from friends, friends' parents, teachers, youth pastors, pastors, friends' friends, parents' friends, family.  So many people have taken the time to invest in me, and I am so thankful to be so blessed.

Ok... was that sappy enough for you?!  Somehow, I struggle with writing a sincere post that doesn't sound so rehearsed and sappy.  Oh well though, this is the best I got!  I'll have to come up with a not-sappy post for tomorrow or Saturday... now I just need something funny to happen to me so I'll have something to write about!  Lol.  Not likely!

No comments:

Post a Comment