Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Ranch Chicken Pockets {Wednesday Wins}

Ok... so I've felt so bad that I haven't blogged any recipes in a while that I thought you should get two in a row!  Also, today's recipe really is a win!  Every time I tell Thomas that we're having these chicken pockets for dinner, he just about drools.  We love them so much, and they're incredibly easy!  Lots of times, I stir up the filling earlier in the day or even the night before so that it's super quick to just toss everything together at dinner time!  We usually eat these with a green veggie for a simple and delicious meal!

Ranch Chicken Pockets
Adapted from: Will Cook for Smiles
Makes: 8 pockets

Ingredients:
1 can of crescent rolls (8 rolls)
1-2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix
3-5 ounces cream cheese
1/4 shredded cheese (I use cheddar)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the chicken, ranch seasoning, cream cheese, and shredded cheese.  (To make sure I'm really happy with the consistency and taste, I start with the smaller amounts listed (about) and taste and add more if I want to tweak it.  We really like the creaminess, so I may add a little extra cream cheese.)
  3. Spread the crescent roll dough out and separate into 8 individual rolls.  Spoon chicken mixture onto each roll, then seal each roll completely.  (They may not look very pretty, but make sure they're sealed.)
  4. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the rolls start to brown nicely.
  5. Eat and enjoy!
This meal is so simple and quick.   I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment