Monday, May 27, 2013

S'mores and Summer {Lundi Little Lovelies}

Oh summer!  I'm about half a week into it, and I still feel like a chicken running around with its head cut off.  I haven't been sleeping well (starting out my first day of summer at 2:30am!), and I feel so busy!  Most of the things on my to-do list probably aren't that important, but still, I feel like every moment of my day needs to be scheduled in order to make the most of my time.  There is not enough time in each day to get things done!  This week though, mark my words, I WILL relax!  Lol.  It's not that I haven't relaxed yet, but I'm going to keep chugging away at this to-do list and get it done!

So, some little lovelies to share:
~I can now run 2 1/2 miles in 25 minutes without stopping!  Woot woot!  I am 100% sure that that is the longest distance and time that I have ever run in my entire life!  I feel quite accomplished about it.  Yay!

~Summer=more play time!  One of the reasons we've been so busy for the past couple of days is because, you know how it goes, at the start of summer, you always try to cram as much fun in as possible!  So, in the last week, we've gotten in a lot of fun activities!  {Yay for catching up on movies!  Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness down, Fast and Furious 6 here we come!)  I also can't wait to go to the beach again this week!  That's one big thing we haven't done since summer officially started.

~Summer=S'mores!  I'll tell you what, I love s'mores sooooooo sooooooo much!  Seriously!  We don't have anywhere to have a bonfire at our place, so I have been known to drag Thomas out to the porch with some s'mores fixins and candles to roast marshmallows for these yummy treats!  I have really been craving them lately since it's now officially summer.  So, I found this lovely alternative to traditional s'mores on Pinterest and couldn't resist making them for Bible study!  Enjoy!  (Beware though, they're super addictive, and it's basically impossible to eat just one!)


S'mores Bites
Adapted from Cupcake Crusaders
Yields: about 24

Ingredients:
  • 7 whole (rectangle) sheets graham crackers (crushed)
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 5 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 4 milk chocolate candy bars (I didn't have any, so I used milk chocolate chips, maybe about 1 cup)
  • 12 large marshmallows
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Melt the butter in a mixing bowl and stir in the powdered sugar and crushed graham crackers.
  3. Press mixture into a greased mini-muffin pan.  The more mixture you put in each tin, the less bites you will end up with.  I just filled as many as I could and the went back and redistributed my mixture as needed.
  4. Bake the graham crust for 4-5 minutes, until edges are bubbly.
  5. While the crusts are baking, cut the marshmallows in half using kitchen shears.  You may have to rinse/wipe the shears off once or twice if the marshmallows start sticking.
  6. Remove from oven and top each crust with one square of chocolate bar or about 5-8 chocolate chips.  And then place half of a marshmallow on each cup.
  7. Turn your oven to broil and place the pan back into the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows are the desired color.  (I like mine slightly browned, so that took about a minute and a half in my oven.)
  8. Allow the cups to cool.  (I let mine cool for about 15 minutes and then stuck them in the fridge to firm up so I could get them out of the pan more easily.)
  9. Remove them from the pan.  (This was the tricky part.  I ran a butter knife around the edges to help my pry them out.)
  10. Melt the two remaining chocolate bars or about 1/2 cup chocolate chips in the microwave.  Heat for about 15 seconds, stir, repeat until the chocolate is smooth.
  11. Dip the bites in the chocolate and let stand for about 1 hour.  (Once again, I stuck mine in the fridge to help the chocolate set.)
  12. Serve!!!  Yummy!
Yay for Summer!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww how adorable! :) I love that they're dipped in chocolate! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by tomorrow & link up your best “man food” recipes in honor of Father’s Day!

    ReplyDelete