Monday, August 12, 2013

The Theme {Lundi Little Lovelies}

*Ok, so I'll just add photos tomorrow.  They're being stupid, and I'm tired of waiting for them to be ready to upload.  Check back tomorrow for an update with photos.

So, this week, I'm going to be cooking for one a lot, and I'm going to have a little more free time than usual.  And yesterday, while I was doing dishes, I came up with a great idea!  (Most of) this week's posts are going to be revolving around a theme.  And the theme is...


Table for One
{Easy, Single Serving Recipes}

Ok, so I know it's not super fancy or anything.  But really, this is an excuse to try out all of those "mug" recipes I've had pinned for ages.  Some posts may just have ideas for one-person meals, but most will center around recipes like: brownie for one, cookie for one, cake for one... you get the picture.

So... here is the first of this week's recipes:  


Coffee Cake in a Mug
Adapted from: My Happy Place
Some quick notes about this recipe:  First off, next time I make it, I will do so in a ramekin instead of a mug because the streusel topping was stuck at the top, and my mug was so tall.  (This time I made it in a mug, and then ended up turning it out into a ramekin to eat.)  Also, it's not as amazingly delicious as the traditional coffee cake that my family makes, but it is really good for a microwave version.

Ingredients for Coffee Cake:
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1/2 egg
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • Splash of milk
  • Scant 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
Ingredients for Streusel Topping:
  • 1 tablespoon butter, softened
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Sprinkle of nutmeg
Directions: 
  1. Melt the butter in a small bowl or in your mug/ramekin.
  2. Add the sugars, egg, sour cream, and milk; stir.
  3. Add  flour and baking powder, mix until combined.
  4. Place in your mug/ramekin (if not already).
  5. Stir the ingredients for the streusel together until it resembles coarse crumbs.  Top the coffee cake with streusel.
  6. Microwave for 1 minute.  Continue microwaving at 10 second intervals until the desired consistency is reached.  (My microwave took a total of 1 minute 30 seconds.)
It's really, really hot; so you should probably let this one cool a bit before you eat it.


I hope you enjoy the first single serving recipe of the week!  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment