Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Bunch of Random Strung Together

This weekend has been a little busy thus far.  And yes, I know what you're thinking... You don't have kids; you don't have a job; how can your life be busy?!  You probably sit around all day and eat bon-bons.  And well... you're actually pretty close!  Being a stay-at-home housewife with no kids right now does offer me quite a bit of time to do things I want to do, but that doesn't necessarily mean I sit on my couch all day watching t.v.

Actually, I watched most of my t.v. from the kitchen this weekend.  (lol)  For real though, the weekends are busier because Thomas is home from work and the rest of the world generally uses the weekends for hang out time too.  The weekdays offer a lot more free time.

But let's start out with Friday afternoon.  Thomas decided to work late, and that worked out really well for me because of this... some of my afternoon was spent on the couch because I was pinned there by an adorable sleeping kitty!  (And can anyone guess what show the credits on the t.v. belong to?  Here are 2 tiny hints: I was watching this show on Netflix because it is on break right now; and this episode is from season 5.  I'll tell you at the end of the post in case you are incredibly awesome and guess it!)
 
 Another reason I was happy that he came home late is because this is what my kitchen/dining room looked like at 5:00 pm.
Yeah, so due to some unforeseen delays (i.e. Netflix being mean so that I had to mess with it and not warp the loom as quickly, and realizing halfway through warping it that I wanted to use a yarn that still needed to be wound into a ball), my new weaving project was not out of the kitchen until about 5:30, which is usually about the time that I'm setting the table for dinner.  However, since the hubs was coming home late, fortunately, my project didn't interfere with getting dinner on the table!

But anyway, here's a quick snapshot of the warp for the new project!  I'm really excited about this one.  I'll post another sneak peek when I get the weaving started.

Saturday, in the morning, we went to see "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters".  And it was pretty good.  Just keep in mind that if you have read the books, the movie is nothing like them.  Basically they went with the same characters and a similar main plot, but everything else if different.  That being said, it was entertaining as a movie.  I just always find it a little disappointing when filmmakers change so much about a book just to "make their mark" on it.

Then, Saturday afternoon, I attended my very first baby shower as an adult.  *Gasp*  I know, right?!  I've "never" been to a baby shower before.  (Never is in quotes because I'm sure I've probably been to one as a child, but I just don't remember.)  And it was surprisingly not terrifying or horrifying or anything (lol).  It was a really fun time hanging out with the girlfriends! 

And of course, today, Sunday, we have church in the morning and Life group at night.  The only thing I don't love about Sundays is that I see all my friends a lot on Sunday and then very little throughout the week.  I just wish I could space out my human interaction a little more!  Lol.  

Next up:  I did the count today, since the summer blockbuster movies are pretty much petering out and school starts this week.  (Backstory: every summer, I make a list of all the summer movies I/we want to see so that I can keep track of all of our movie activity.  Even though, really I do this all year long because I keep every movie ticket ever.  But summer's always a great time for movies.)  So, this summer, Thomas and I saw 10 movies in the theaters.  (Now you can tell how we spend all of our free time and money!)  So here are the ten (organized by release date), with a very quick review of each!  (Note: please do not go see a movie just because I said it was good.  I like almost everything.  Also, these reviews also mention nothing about MPAA ratings, so please research that before taking my advice.)
  1. Iron Man 3 - awesome; definitely on the same caliber as the first two
  2. Star Trek Into Darkness - awesome; loved it; comedy, action, suspense
  3. Fast and Furious 6 - amazing; I love these movies so much.  Not great acting, predictable and outlandish but so so amazing
  4. Now You See Me - very entertaining; kept me guessing the whole time; really liked the cast
  5. Man of Steel - amazing; best Superman movie ever; best Superman ever; props to a super buff Henry Cavill
  6. World War Z - very interesting and original; Brad Pitt is great; another new zombie movie with a different twist
  7. White House Down - intense with some humor thrown in; a good two hours
  8. The Wolverine - dark and different; a step away from the more "traditional" X-Men movies; really interesting
  9. 2 Guns - loved it; Marky Mark and Denzel are great together
  10. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - entertaining; very, very different than the book
So there are the summer movies from my line-up.  And as you'll see, there isn't a bad review in there.  So remember that just because I loved it doesn't mean it's a movie worth your time and money.  I have very broad, unrefined taste in movies, and I love it that way!

So, that brings you up to date in my oh-so-fabulous life!  I'm a little excited about this week because I just had an idea while I was doing the dishes... this week is going to have a theme here on the blog, and you'll find out what it is tomorrow!

*** The credits on the t.v. belong to season 5 of Doctor Who.  Best television show in the history of mankind.  (Just sayin)

No comments:

Post a Comment