Friday, August 23, 2013

The End of a Weird Week

So, it's Friday.  And technically, since I'm not working right now, that shouldn't make much of a difference, but today it does.  Thomas has been in Tampa all week for work, and he comes home tonight.  And man-oh-man I cannot wait!  He was gone all last week too, which is a lot of time apart for us.  We're basically inseparable, so even a few days apart feels like a lifetime.
Though I didn't blog the last two days, I was still diligent in trying out single serving recipes, so I still have a few I'd like to share.  This particular one doesn't look like anything special.  Mainly because when I got it out of the microwave, it and the mug were hotter-than-all-get-out, so I had to scoop it out into a ramekin so it would cool off enough to eat.

And though this isn't a traditional peanut butter cookie (one of my faves), it definitely satisfied my craving for one!
 
Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Adapted from: My Happy Place
(Her original recipe makes either two cakes or one twice this size, so I just cut everything in half.  Plus, I needed the other half of an egg for another recipe.)

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 egg (lightly scramble it in a bowl and then pour half in with your other ingredients)
1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 tablespoons oil

Directions:
  1. Mix everything together in a mug.
  2. Microwave for about 60 seconds.  (If your microwave is very powerful, you might want to start with less time.)
  3. If it is not done, microwave at 20 second intervals until done.  Don't microwave it for too long though, or it will become rubbery.
  4. Watch out!  It will be boiling-lava-hot!  So be careful when eating!

Well, I'm off to work on sewing flags for color guard and continue my Netflix marathon.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment