Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Dip


You probably wouldn't be surprised if I told you that I had to make myself write this post.  The reason?  It's not about dessert.  Lol.  It's true though.  I most enjoy baking and blogging about breakfast and dessert.  We've tried some new dinner recipes recently, and some of them have been genuinely, really good.  But, I just don't feel the need to blog about them like I do about desserts and breakfasts.

But, this Buffalo Chicken Dip deserves a blog post.  It's really good and so incredibly simple.  Not to mention that it's also easy to personalize and to adjust for a couple or a crowd!  Even though it's called "dip", we've eaten it on wraps, sandwiches, and as a dip.  I really, really love a chicken wrap from Buffalo Wild Wings, so every once in a while, we buy a bottle of their sauce so that we can make chicken wraps at home.  So I wanted to branch out and try a new recipe with it.

So, here's a new dinner or party recipe for you that has nothing to do with dessert!

Buffalo Chicken Dip
Adapted from several different recipes put together...
Note:  Basically all of the amounts are approximate.  You can add more or less of anything to adjust the flavor to your liking.  I just sample it a couple of times until I'm happy with the flavor.  I don't like spicy, so I usually throw in more ranch than called for.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of cooked chicken (I use chicken breasts that I boil and shred)
  • 6-8 ounces cream cheese, softened (1/3 less fat for... less fat.  You could try it with fat free too.)
  • 1/2+ cup ranch (I used fat free, and we couldn't tell a difference from regular.)
  • +/- 3/4 cup sauce (Most people use Frank's, but I used BWW.)
  • 3/4 cup of your choice of shredded cheese (I used cheddar and then put mozzarella on my wrap.)
Directions:
  1. Stir all ingredients together in an oven safe bowl.  Sample a few times to adjust the heat and flavor to your tastes.
  2. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in 350 degree oven.  Stir every 10 minutes until heated through, about 30 minutes.  You can just as easily microwave it; just make sure you stir it a few times during the process.  Or, throw it in a small crock-pot to keep it hot if you're going to a party.
Enjoy in any style you like!  P.S.   Sorry about the horrible pictures in this post.  It's insanely hard to try to take good pictures when your husband is already chowing down and all you want to do is eat your dinner!  Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment