Monday, August 5, 2013

God knew I needed a win today {Lundi Little Lovelies}

So... now band camp is over, I should get back to being better at this whole blogging thing!

Today, I'm having such a good day so far that it would be a big shame to not blog it!  Seriously, band camp went pretty well, but last week was just exhausting in so many different ways.  Today has gone a long way to make up for all that exhaustion!

Back story: I still have (had) some birthday money to spend, and I also had some coupons that were getting ready to expire.

So today I went shopping and out to lunch.  It was just a peaceful day of walking around, and what made it better was that I had a little bit of money to spend.  (I just hate shopping when I don't have any spending money.)  I started off the afternoon at Charming Charlie, and seriously, it is a HUGELY good thing that the closest one is about half an hour away.  I can barely contain myself in that store.  If God made heaven just to fit my tastes, there would be a Charming Charlie there!  Lol.  After scouring the clearance and adding a coupon, I came out with an a-dor-able fedora and a super cute, summer dress for $14!!!

Next stop was Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  And this is more of a funny story: I'm pretty sure all of the employees thought I was crazy.  Probably because I stumbled around the store about three times muttering to myself, picking things up and putting them back down.  See, I had a coupon but no idea what I wanted to spend it on.  So, I ended up with a 2-pack of whisks (until today, I did not own a whisk.  Crazy, right?  Anytime I needed a whisk, I just used a beater from my electric mixer.  Lol.) and this pack of sprinkles.

I know they say money can't buy happiness, but dude... LOOK at these sprinkles!  There are cookies and cream sprinkles in the middle there!  (Another thing they would have in my personal heaven.)

Then I hopped over to Panera to redeem my birthday pastry and sip on a smoothie for lunch!  Yummy!

My other productive stop was surprisingly Old Navy.  I don't usually shop there because I feel like a lot of the clothes just aren't my style.  But, I happened upon a pair of black shorts that happened to fit and were only $12!  I was super excited since I've been shopping for black shorts all summer.  *Side note: another reason Old Navy perplexes me is that I had to buy the shorts two sizes smaller than my normal size... which basically tells me that no one who is really skinny could ever shop there because they'd have to shop in the kids section... weird.

Last little lovely... even Pandora Radio was pretty nice to me today!  I'm not a huge fan of Pandora; yes, it is free, but you definitely get what you pay for: basically nothing.  But today, I created a Superchic[k] station, and Pandora actually did a pretty good job of playing similar songs and artists!  Yay!

One last thought for today:  Some Relient K came on, and this quote really struck me today.  From "Be My Escape" by Relient K:


"The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair."

Isn't that wonderful?!  Because if life was fair, we'd all be in trouble.  I am so glad that God chooses to show grace instead of giving me what I deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment