Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ups and Downs

Well!  If you'd seen me around my house last week, you would have seen my not-so-awesome self.  Last week had some great moments, but it was also stressful and tiring beyond all belief.  Here's a little bit of what you missed.

We have now had Luna for a little over a week.  And she is absolutely adorable, but golly gee is she a stinker!  Even as I type this, she's on my lap (in Lolo's usual spot) trying to eat all of my shiny jewelry.  She can hardly stand when both hands aren't petting her.  She purrs like a freight train.  She HATES being put in her room when Thomas and I have to leave.  She loves to climb her new house.  And she's been sick for a lot of the time that we've had her. 

We were thinking that it was just taking her some time to get used to her new food, but we've taken her to the vet and tried several diffferent things and she's still not improving.  Thank goodness that she's extrememly well litter box trained.  I don't know what I would do if I was having to clean all of her grossness off the floors!  (But we haven't had one accident!  Woohoo!)  So, now we're trying to figure out what to do next, so we'll be back off to the vet again.  :(

Lo and Luna are getting much more comfortable around each other, but we still don't trust them alone together unless we're only going to be gone for a few minutes.  Lo is still struggling to get used to Luna's pushiness.  And right now we sort of have a "ya snooze, ya lose" situation going on around here which means Lo loses most of the time.  But I'm hoping that as time goes on, Luna will get a little more independent so that Lo can catch up on getting attention.  One plus side is that Lo has been sleeping with me almost non-stop at night since she doesn't get quite as much attention during the day, and it just melts my heart.

A highlight of last week was that we bought Thomas' new motorcycle!  He's been dreaming of having a motorcycle for I-don't-know-how-long.  And now he is in love... Big time!  And I am so happy for him.

Another highlight was that I did a great brick workout on Saturday.  I rode almost 8.5 miles and then hopped off the bike and ran 2 miles.  And it felt great!  I am excited that the race is getting close (just a month away now), but I'm also getting nervous.  I really need to work on my swimming.  Yikes!

I haven't painted my toenails in weeks, and it's killing me!  But now, I can't paint them unless I want paw marks all over, which is not desired.  So, I'm trying to find a time... Sad face.  Lol.

Anyway, those are all of the updates for now.  I've got a couple of other posts in the works, it's just about finding the time to finish them up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment