Friday, March 1, 2013

"Our God is Greater" (Hold on to Your Hat, We're Getting Deep!)

"Our God is greater,
our God is stronger, 
God, you are higher than any other.
Our God is healer, 
awesome in power, 
Our God.
Our God."
Lyrics from "Our God" by Chris Tomlin

As I sat down at the computer just now, praying and wondering if I even had anything to blog about tonight, "Our God" by Chris Tomlin came on Pandora.  And I have just been so blessed by this Pandora station the past few days.  I feel like God has been speaking to me through the worship music.  It's been a great reminder of who is in control.

I've also been reading through Numbers in my bible study, and though parts of Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy are not really page-turners, God has still been speaking to me.  I feel like it is so easy to judge the Israelites.  When I read these books, sometimes I'm literally talking to my bible like: What the heck are you guys doing?!  God brought you out of slavery!  You saw the cloud on the mountain and Moses' radiant face like a week ago and now you're building an altar to a cow?!  What do you mean you don't want to go to the awesome land God promised you???  It's right there!  What are you stinkin' afraid of?!  You've got a cloud that holds the King of the universe in your camp like all the time?  Why would you doubt God???

And then, I remember that I'm doing the
exact
same
thing.

God gives me an amazing blessing, and then a little later, I'm wondering where my next blessing is, thinking that maybe this wasn't a blessing after all.  Maybe I should have just stayed where I was in the first place.  Oh God, why did you give me this blessing?  I was so much better off before!  But, that's not true.

It is so hard to remember that we see only a fraction of the puzzle.  I feel like I've got a tiny little funky shaped piece that's never going to fit in anywhere.  But God knows it does.  And only He knows how wonderfully and perfectly it will fit with what has been and what is to come.

And so, in trying to be content, I am striving to remember that God knows better.  God is greater and stronger than my weaknesses and faults; He is stronger than my circumstances; He is greater than my mind can ever fathom. 

"Our God is greater, our God is stronger."

No comments:

Post a Comment