Monday, March 25, 2013

Amazing Oreo Fudge Cookies!!!

O.  MY.  GOODNESS.  These cookies are AMAZING!!!

 Seriously, I think I could eat twelve.  Without noticing.  They are soooooo good!

I was looking for an Oreo recipe to throw together before Bible study last night because my hubs had just bought me some Oreos (isn't he awesome?!  He really knows the way to my heart!).  And I came across this one on Pinterest.  The recipe was not incredibly specific, and the comments did not help because several people had said that the recipe did not work out for them.  But, I was feeling adventurous, and they just looked so delicious.  And, I happened to have everything I needed already.
So, I embarked the three feet into the kitchen, phone in hand.  I didn't even bother to pin or print the recipe.  (Which was a mistake because it took me forever to find it again on Pinterest!)

There were some speed bumps along the way...  The batter was so thick that I thought it was going to explode my hand mixer.  The recipe makes a TON of good sized cookies, which I was not expecting, so my bowl was incredibly too small.  And parts of my kitchen and myself ended up covered in chocolate batter.  And I burnt my tongue on a fresh-out-of-the-oven cookie.


But, it turns out, these cookies were worth those minor problems, and a bajillion more because they're that good.  Seriously!  They're like a brownie and a cookie with Oreos all rolled into one.  They are heaven!

Oreo Fudge Cookies
Adapted from Bakergirl

Makes about 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Scant 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
12-15 Oreos, roughly chopped

Directions:
  1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. In a LARGE bowl, cream together the margarine, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a hand mixer (or with your stand mixer if you're that fancy).
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
  4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, beating well with the mixer.  This part can get a little messy, but if you just add a little at a time, you'll most likely be fine.  The batter will get really thick by the time all of the flour mixture is incorporated.
  5. Chop the Oreos and stir Oreos and chocolate chips into the mixture by hand.  This takes a little elbow grease!
  6. (If your dough is really soft, you may want to place it in the fridge for a few minutes before continuing.)  Roll the dough into 2tablespoon-sized balls and place about 2 inches apart on the parchment-lined baking sheets.  Flatten slightly with your hand.  (My hands got really messy here, but it just gave me the chance to try some dough right before I washed my hands thoroughly!)
  7. Bake for 9-11 minutes.  Cookies will flatten and spread slightly.  Let cool on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
 Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am pinning this. I would like to invite you to join Pin It Monday Hop Where you pin and get pinned (LINK). Followed you via Pinterest, GFC and added you to Feedly. If you get a chance, I'd love for you to stop by and join us. I hope to see you there.
    Judy
    http://www.pursuitoffunctionalhome.com/
    http://www.kusinaniinday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a chocolate lover, but I'm married to one and I'm certain he'll appreciate this! Thanks for sharing on my link party! :)

    ReplyDelete