Friday, September 13, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Puppy Chow

Ok... So I've been a little busy this week.  However, here is the manna-from-heaven puppy chow recipe that I promised you!  Now, I know that one of the things that makes puppy chow so good is chocolate.  And boy, do I love chocolate!  But, this recipe doesn't have any chocolate in it.  It's got something that's just as good... cinnamon!  Yum!

So if you like cinnamon at all, there's a really good chance you'll like this version of an old classic.  I've also adapted all of my recent puppy chow recipes to where they don't make ninety millions cups of puppy chow.  So here's the recipe for a smaller portion.
Cinnamon Sugar Puppy Chow
Very Slightly Adapted from Fabtastic Eats
Makes about 1 cup

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup cinnamon chips (The ones I've bought are Hershey's brand.  You find them in the baking aisle with the chocolate chips.)
1 cup Chex cereal
2+ tablespoons powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
  1. Melt the cinnamon chips and butter in the microwave.  I recommend 15 second intervals, stirring in between.  The cinnamon chips take a little vigorous stirring to lose their form.  Allow mixture to cool for a few minutes.
  2. Combine your cinnamon, sugar, and powdered sugar in a quart sized bag.  Shake them up a bit to combine.
  3. Stir the Chex into the melted cinnamon chip mixture until they are pretty evenly coated.
  4. Add the Chex to the quart-sized bag and shake well.  You can always add more powdered sugar if you like your puppy chow really sweet, as I do.
  5. Enjoy!
Oh, yum!  I really want to go make some more, but I've got to eat dinner instead before heading off to the high school football game tonight.  There's nothing quite as weird as eating dinner at 3:30 in the afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment