Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Oreo Filling Dip

From all the blog posts I've written, you would probably have no idea that Thomas and I are eating healthy.  It's just that eating healthy can be a little boring sometimes (at least on the cooking front).  I tend to stick to staple recipes that I have for cooking, and then baking is where I really like to experiment.  And since baking isn't incredibly healthy, I have to tame myself... or make things to take to group gatherings!

Like this dip!  I've been liking dips lately.  And this one is definitely a keeper!  It's Oreo filling dip, so where can  you go wrong?  Seriously, I have tasted many Oreos in my lifetime, and this dip is incredibly close to eating the filling out of an Oreo cookie.  YUM!  It's quite amazing!

And the best part is that you can mix and match your "dippers".  I tried graham crackers (definite yum), chocolate graham crackers (which were good, but not as good as I'd hoped), and vanilla wafers (super yum... especially if you put some creme in the middle and then smoosh two wafers together!).  But the best combination I found was with cookies!  (How much more unhealthy can you get?!)  I happened to have some oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies sitting around that I made earlier in the week, and when you put some of the dip between two cookies (or fold the cookie in half like a taco to avoid an insane amount of calories), you get the best oatmeal cream pie you could ever ask for.  O my, they were amazing!

I'll post the cookie recipe some time in the future, because it needs tweaking first, but here's the dip!  Oh, and such a shocker, I found this one on Pinterest too!

Oreo Cookie Filling Dip
From: Cookies and Cups

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp granulated sugar
  • 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 3 Tbsp hot water
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.  (I used a hand mixer, but I think a little elbow grease would do it too.)
  2. Enjoy with your choice of "dippers" and store in an airtight container.
 Enjoy that delicious-awesome-amazingness!  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment