Friday, June 14, 2013

You may or may not have noticed...

Well, you may have noticed my absence this week.  Or, maybe not, considering I'm not the most dependable blogger in the world.  But, I've been on vacation!  Woohoo!

Thomas and I just got back from a trip to St. Louis to visit our families.  We were so blessed to get to travel there since our chances to see family and friends are few and far between since we now live 1100 miles away!  So we were very thankful to get to see everyone again!

The one thing I miss about St. Louis, besides our families of course, is some of the food.  There are a couple of places in St. Louis that we just don't have where we live.  And on this trip, I'm pretty sure I got to eat at every single one of them!  Yay!  So, I should be set on my St. Louis food cravings for a while.

Just in case you're wondering, here are the faves I am referring to (most of which are major chain restaurants that do not live in my area of Florida):
  • Qdoba Mexican Grill - This one is a major chain that Brevard County, Florida seriously needs to adopt.  Moe's has NOTHING on Qdoba!
  • The Old Spaghetti Factory - Once again, an AMAZING chain restaurant Florida needs.
  • Imo's Pizza - A thin crust St. Louis pizza company... either you love it or you hate it.  And I love it!
  • Red Robin - Aaaahhh!  Best chicken caesar wrap ever!  I could eat it every day.
  • McAlister's Deli - We had to take a special trip to McAlister's just for sweet tea and POTATO SALAD.  Seriously, I could cry eating their potato salad; it is that good!
  • And last but certainly not least, SnoBiz - A little old shack that serves the best sno-cones ever.  This place holds so many memories for me.
 This was our after church hang out spot on Wednesday nights in the summers.  Our whole group would drive over, grab sno-cones and sit in the bed of Thomas' truck hanging out.  Thomas and I went to SnoBiz after dinner, before homecoming junior year when we went as "friends" because I didn't like him yet.  We went there on the night before I left for college freshman year (I had band camp so I had to leave before everyone else.  I know, I'm a nerd.).  We went there the night before our wedding.  And fifty million times in between...  So much laughter, so many memories.  Here's another memory to add to the mix.

I have some more things to blog about...recipes, goings on, movies... but I'll save them for later.  I have a kitty cat bugging me to hang out, so I'm going to be an old cat lady and oblige her!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. St. Louis is where I live! Great city and great food - you are right!

    ReplyDelete