Sunday, June 2, 2013

Funfetti Dip {Sunday Fun Day}

Woot woot!  Today was a lovely Sunday!!!  (Side bar: has anybody picked up on the fact that I love the word "lovely" yet?!)  Let's count off some things I loved about today:
  1. My breakfast yogurt parfait was delish!  Publix Vanilla Yogurt, fresh strawberries, and Oatmeal Squares (these are a great crunch to yogurt when I don't have any granola made).  Yummy!
  2. I just really love our church.  God has really blessed us with some great Godly people to surround ourselves with.  You all know who you are!
  3. A calm afternoon of hanging out with the hubby and preparing for our trip to St. Louis this summer to see our families.
  4. Then, we spent the afternoon/evening at the beach with our life group and ate some delicious pizza for dinner.
  5. We were leaving the beach when the rain started (I love that it waited for us to be done)  :)
  6. For dessert: chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick at our favorite hot dog joint!  Double YUM!
  7. And finish it up with a nice, hot shower and some snuggling and one of our tv shows in bed with the hubs!
So, I repeat, what a lovely Sunday!

But, here's for the FUN DAY part.  It's so fun, it's called Funfetti Dip!  I found a recipe on Pinterest for Skinny Funfetti Dip, and boom, I was there!  Some of you may not know, but I have an intense love affair with sprinkles.  I would put them on anything.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE sprinkles!  So, funfetti?  Yes please!


 The recipe I found actually called for Funfetti cake mix, but alas, I did not have any in my house!  So, I improvised, and here's my version.  (I also divided everything by 3 because it would have made loads of dip, and we really don't need that in the house, even if it's not incredibly fattening.)  It's pretty darn delish.  Oh, and the even more fun part, after stirring the dip a couple of times, it's now all tie-die-ey.  Like an Easter egg on drugs.  It's pretty awesome and hilarious.


{Low Calorie} Funfetti Dip
Adapted from Sweet Treats and More
(For a LOT of dip, multiply everything by 3)

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 box of Gooey Butter Cake Mix (my box was 15.25 ounces, so I just weighed out 5 ounces)
  • 1/2 cup light Cool Whip, thawed
  • 2/3 non-fat vanilla yogurt
  • As many sprinkles as your heart desires
Directions:
  1. Stir the cake mix, cool whip, and yogurt together in a bowl until smooth.
  2. Add sprinkles and stir in.  Then garnish more sprinkles on top.
  3. Eat with graham crackers, nilla wafers, Teddy Grahams, animal crackers, etc.
  4. Store in the fridge.
So, YUM!  Do you have anything along the lines of "Sunday Fun Day" to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment