Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Surprise Date Day

Thomas is super awesome, so he informed me on Friday that he had made plans for us on Sunday.  He knows I love surprises, so he wouldn't tell me anything except how I should dress.

Even when we were in the car driving to our destination on Sunday, he still wouldn't tell me where we were going.  It wasn't until we were two miles away that I saw a sign that gave me a clue.

He knows how much I love history, so he took me over to Illinois to the Cahokia Mounds.  For those of you who aren't huge history fans, the Cahokia Mounds are a bunch of hills that were created by Native Americans.  There's a really cool museum with a ton of information about how the tribes lived and what the mounds were used for, and then you can walk the grounds and climb the biggest mound.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day, and we had a great time!  Here are some pics from the day!
 The tribes built pretty big walls around some of their dwellings.
The mounds come in a bunch of different shapes and sizes.
Another reconstruction of one of their walls.
The biggest one, called Monk's Mound, is over 100 feet tall.
You can climb to the top of Monk's Mound via a lot of stairs.
And from the top, you can see downtown St. Louis.
A photo op at the top of the mound.

It was an awesome day!  Afterward, he took me for a BBQ lunch.  He's pretty awesome!  Here's to you, honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment