Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Two Super Great Movies

Ok... So I've been neglecting the blog a bit lately.  I'd like to excuse myself by saying that it was unconsciously done, but that just wouldn't be true.  I've thought about blogging...  It's been on my to-do list for a while... I just haven't felt like it.  Really, I've been "pretty busy".  And that's in quotes because I'm not really that busy.  It's just that I'm a lot busier than I was before the move.  There are so many changes that have happened that affect the amount of time I have in my day.  And those things also affect what I want to do with that extra time that isn't already scheduled for something.

So anyway... here is a review of the two movies we've seen recently (both of which I loved), and then I will work on a more personal update post for later in the week.

X-Men: Days of Future Past - Oh!  I was so incredibly excited when this movie lived up to my insanely high expectations.  The first trailer is to die for, and that made so so anxious to see the movie.  And so I am very glad that it lived up to everything I'd hoped for.  It answered all of my questions.  It dealt with all of the inconsistencies that could have created problems.  The acting was superb.  The X-Men characters that were chosen for this movie were perfect.  Pretty much every single little thing about this movie was absolutely perfect.  Ugh, just writing this post is making me want to see it again.  If you're a big X-Men/comic book lover, then I'm not sure if you'll have the same feelings about it as I did (it is an original storyline that strays away from the comic books), but you should give it a try anyway.  It was superb.  And can I just say that the two versions of Professor Charles Xavier were one of my favorite parts.  James McAvoy and Patrick Stewart together as the two different ages were amazing.  Just amazing.  I loved this movie.


Edge of Tomorrow
- This movie was Groundhog Day with aliens.  Just kidding; but that's the main idea.  Tom Cruise's character is stuck waking up on the same day every time he dies.  And while he's stuck there, he has to stop a war between humans and aliens.  Emily Blunt co-stars in this action/sci-fi flick (don't you just love her?!  I know I do.) and does an amazing job.  This is the first time I've seen her in a role where she literally gets to kick butt, and she does it!  I really loved the balance in this movie.  I can imagine that it's difficult to show the same day happening over and over again without getting boring.  Of course, the events don't happen the same way each time as Cruise and Blunt's characters take different actions.  But they still have to keep coming back to a few key scenes to remind you that this "isn't his first rodeo".  The plot was incredibly interesting, and I never would have guessed the ending (if Thomas hadn't leaned over and whispered it to me about two minutes before it happened).  I really loved the two main actors and thought that they did a great job on screen.  If you like sci-fi types of films, I would highly suggest this one!

So there are two great movies you could see this weekend.  A couple of others that I haven't seen yet but am planning on seeing are:  How to Train Your Dragon 2 (of course!!!), 22 Jump Street, and The Fault in Our Stars (I seriously need to read the book too.).

Like I mentioned, I'll be back later this week with some updates on what I've been up to!  Feel free to follow me on Instagram to get more "instant" updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment