Monday, October 28, 2013

So... One of Those Days {Lundi Little Lovelies}

Yep.  So, I'm having one of those days.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  When you have to look really hard to find the little lovelies in your day or your life.  

The dumb thing is that the main reason I'm feeling this way is because I just finished reading a book.  And it ended all wrong.  And this is one of the countless times in my life where the following is incredibly appropriate.
I always need a little time after finishing a book to fully process all of it.  I'm a really fast reader, so I want everything to last longer, even though I can't help myself from reading too fast.  Thomas always makes fun of me, but I go through a withdraw after finishing a book.  I'm sad that I don't have anything to read, but I'm also not emotionally ready to start another book.  So anyway, let's move on to the part where I try and point out somethings that are good in life and not all wrong like the stupid book I just finished!

Ridiculously, the first one that comes to mind is movie trailers.  Confession: my internet homepage is the Internet Movie Database.  It has been for years, and I don't see it changing anytime soon in the future.  I just love movies!  And one of the reasons that this site is my homepage is so that I can watch the newest previews for movies basically as soon as they come out.  I have been known to lose all track of time sitting in front of the computer watching preview after preview after preview.  They are about as mesmerizing as the movies themselves.  I even have a few old previews that basically make up a list of "Best Previews of All Time (In Rachel's Opinion)", and I will actually go back and re-watch these previews some days.  And just for your benefit, I'm going to pause typing this and do just that, because I know you are just dying to know what previews make my list!  *wink wink*
  1. If I had to choose, the #1 best trailer of all time would go to Clash of the Titans (2010).  It's perfect.  Seriously, I get chills, forget to breathe, can't help but smiling when I watch this preview.  The lines they chose to include, the editing, the way the music fits so, so perfectly with the sound effects and the tone of the video.  The music and the perfect editing get me every time.  Surprisingly, though, the movie was sorely disappointing after having watched this preview countless times.  It was too fast.  It could have been so epic if only the movie had been longer.  I also really like the trailer for the sequel, Wrath of the Titans.  The Marilyn Manson song creeps me out, but it just goes so so well with it.
  2. Another of my favorites is Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.  I just love that movie, and they captured some of the best moments of it in the preview.  It's a great blend of humor and action.  Probably my favorite part is at about 2:00 minutes when the music and the sword fight between Jack and Davy Jones matches up perfectly.
  3. Atonement is one of those previews that I watched I-don't-know-how-many-times before it came out.  I was just captured by everything they didn't tell you.  I simply had to see it and learn how the story ended.  And, of course, my sweet husband (then, fiance) took me to a theater halfway across St. Louis to see it when it came out because it wasn't showing anywhere close to us.  He's pretty wonderful!
 Well, I could probably name a lot more if I would resign myself to sit here on the couch for the rest of the afternoon and watch a bunch more previews, but I am going to attempt to be more productive.

Another little lovely is the gym that is now mere steps from my front door and the fact that it is FREE!  Yay!  Though I'd rather sit here all afternoon watching trailers and eating cupcakes and Oreos and pie, etc, I am going to go work out instead.

Hm... what else makes me happy today?  Hm...  Oh, yeah!  I almost forgot!  The weather!!!  It has been absolutely magnificent the past few days!  Just perfect.  On Saturday, Thomas and I loaded up the car with the lacrosse sticks, a blanket, our Kindles, some snacks, and my color guard rifle and sabre and went to a park all afternoon. It was glorious!  We walked around the park for a while and talked, threw the lacrosse ball back and forth, and then found a spot in the shade to lay around and read.  I also practiced spinning my sabre (which I haven't done in years).  Yikes!  It was the most perfect afternoon.  And then, to top it all off, Thomas took me for milkshakes afterwards.  Seriously, it was like the best day I've had in a while.  So lovely.

Well, I'm going to end on that happy note.  I should probably get my lazy butt off the couch and finish the laundry and go work out and find something productive to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment