Sunday, February 17, 2013

Like Opening Up a Brand New Book


Mmmm... Can you smell it?!  The smell of pages that have never before been leafed through or read?  That's a bit what writing the first post on a blog reminds me of.  But it's also a bit disconcerting; the first post creates the tone of the entire blog.  What type of personality am I going to have here? Goofy, deep, funny, weird, serious...  But really, I want this blog to be real.  So, I will try to be real with you in this lovely piece of cyberspace.  And though you may be reading this and have no idea who I am, I hope that through this blog, you can get to know me.  And most of all, I hope you can be blessed in some way by something you may read here.

So... I would like you to get to know me a bit (even if we're already friends, maybe you'll learn something new).  So I would like to tell/show you 5 random things about myself that may give you an understanding of some things you'll read about here.
    1.  I am a Christian.  Jesus is my personal savior, and I would not be who I am today without Him.  Recently, I have been very convicted about contentment.  I really struggle in this area, always wanting something I don't have.  So, I am going to try to document the little things in life that make me content as a constant reminder of all of the wonderful blessings God has given me.

    2.  I live in Florida with my wonderful husband of 4 1/2 years, Thomas, and my beautiful little kitty, Lo.  (It has been a life-long dream of mine to live in Florida, so this is a bit of a dream come true.)  And, here's a picture of my lovely darling (taken by my former boss Photography by Carrie).

    3.  I LOVE baking!!!!  You can ask my husband, and he will definitively tell you that I love baking a little (a lot) too much.  If it were up to me, I would bake all day, everyday.  But we also don't really want to be fat, so I inevitably contain myself.  So, you will hear a lot about baking here.

    4.  I'm a little bit addicted to Pinterest.  So, please feel free to follow me.  I can't guarantee that everything I pin is a winner, but I'll be trying out tons of recipes and posting about them, so you can see for yourself!

    5.  And lastly, another of my hobbies that absolutely love is weaving.  I have a rigid heddle loom that my wonderful husband and my mother-in-law bought me a few years ago.  I love weaving scarves and other projects, so when I have time to weave, you'll certainly hear about that!

    So, I think there are enough confessions for one night.  Thomas and I had a wonderful new recipe for lunch today, so I'll have to post about that tomorrow!

    "Good night dear void." ("You've Got Mail")

    No comments:

    Post a Comment