Thursday, July 10, 2014

Twenty-Six

I am now officially 26 years old.  Officially closer to 30 than 20.  Officially over halfway to 50.

Do I care?

...No.

Getting older doesn't really bother me.  Yet, at least.

I had a good birthday.  I had a "first" too.  Yesterday was the first time I've ever worked on my birthday.  I usually have a rule that I ask off work, don't do chores, etc. on my birthday.  But this year, I decided to forgo that and just have a regular day.  And it was.

I went to work, where they had decorated my desk with streamers, a "Birthday Girl" crown, etc.  So that was fun.  And then we had a family dinner at my parents' house with Oreo Pie for dessert!  Yummy!

I'm enjoying my birthday present (my bike) immensely!  I've started my brick workouts (riding the bike and then hopping off and immediately going for a run), and they are intense!  My legs feel like cooked spaghetti when I get off the bike, and after about a mile of running my calves feel like they've rolled up into one big lump on my legs.  But, I'm getting more used to it each time.

Thomas also got us some starter sets of disc golf frisbees for my birthday.  There's a great disc golf course at one of the parks nearby, and we've been itching to play, so now we can!  We're thinking of playing on our anniversary and then having a picnic lunch in the park (I've been craving Jimmy John's like no other!), but it's supposed to be 95 degrees on Saturday, so we may just spend the morning or afternoon at the movies instead!

And Friday, we're celebrating my birthday with Thomas' parents, which means a trip to The Spaghetti Factory!  I can't hardly wait!  Yum yum!

It's probably Friday by the time you're reading this!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment