Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Movies I Want to See {Part 3}

It's a little past time to update you on movies I want to see in the next few months.  June slid past pretty quickly, and I was hoping that July would slow down a bit... but that's not really happening!

We have seen How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Transformers: Age of Extinction, so I'll be posting reviews of those two soon.

Surprisingly, there aren't a lot of summer movies that I really want to see this year.  There's really only one movie in July that I'm even remotely interested in seeing (and that's rare)!  But, here's the list anyway.

July
Hercules (July 25) - We recently watched The Legend of Hercules (with Kellan Lutz) and it wasn't bad.  But this version of the Hercules myths seems like it will be completely different.  The great thing is that there are so many myths to choose from, so this movie with Dwayne The Rock Johnson will be a totally different storyline and genre than the previous movie.  I like The Rock, so I'm interested, but I, in no way, expect this to be a spectacular movie.

August
Guardians of the Galaxy (August 1) - Ok... This movie looks hilarious.  It's one of those superhero movies where the characters only think they're superheros.  It's another Marvel film (surprise surprise), so it's bound to be full of action and comedy.  If you liked The Avengers or any of the other Marvel movies that have come out recently, I'm pretty sure you're going to like this one too!  I mean, come on, Bradley Cooper's a raccoon and Vin Diesel is a tree...

The Expendables 3 (August 15) - So I'm not super excited to see this one, but Thomas is just giddy with anticipation.  They've pretty much gotten more out of hand with each of these.  And this third one has just about every 80's action star you can think of in it.  It's going to be so over-the-top cliche and cheesy that it will almost work.  To give you a hint: In The Expendables 2, Chuck Norris made a Chuck Norris joke.

The Giver (August 15) - I have not read the book (I know, right?  And I'm such a book-lover.), however, the trailer for this movie makes me want to.  It's about a "utopian" society that gets rocked when an old man chooses to share what humanity was supposed to be like with a teenage boy.  There are some great stars in it along with a few no names.  I'm not sure if I'll see this one in theaters (because Thomas probably has no interest), but I will at least watch it when it comes out on DVD.

When the Game Stands Tall (August 22) - I have a feeling that this movie is going to be the current generation's equivalent of "Remember the Titans".  It's about a football team that's been undefeated for years and years, and then... they lose a game and break the streak.  So they have to deal with the disappointment of being the ones who lost the streak and find their way back.  It looks pretty awesome to me.

September
The Maze Runner (September 19) - This is based on a series of young adult books (The Maze Runner Trilogy) set in a post-apocalyptic society.  It's kind of similar to Divergent.  A bunch of teenagers are put into a society with no adults and have to find a way to live life.  There aren't really any famous people in the movie, and the books were alright, not incredibly awesome, but I am interested in seeing this one.

The Equalizer (September 26) - Denzel Washington... need I say more?  No, really though.  He's an ex-black ops soldier who comes back out of his quiet life to save a friend who has been kidnapped.  Yes, I know this general plot has been done about a hundred times.  I still want to see it though.

So there's the list!  Like I mentioned, I've got some reviews to post soon.  Other posts coming up will be my July Julep box (hopefully I'll get around to that before August, lol), an update on the kitty cats, and maybe even a new recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment