Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Spirit of Valentine's Day

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I made two yummy pink treats yesterday.  The recipes for both will follow next week, but for now, I just wanted to give a little sneak peek.

For breakfast, I surprised the hubby with some baked donuts.
They are a simple vanilla donut with strawberry glaze.  And of course, you can't forget the adorable Valentine's sprinkles I found at the store!  But since Thomas isn't as enamored with sprinkles as I am, I only put them on half of the donuts.

They were super yummy and weren't too sweet.  Definitely a recipe I'll make again, maybe with chocolate icing next time!  Delicious!

Then, for our Valentine's Day dessert, out of the many desserts I had picked out, Thomas chose the Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Balls.
So I made a million of those and topped them off with the same adorable sprinkles!
The thing about cake balls though is that one cake makes a ton.  So we will be sharing a bunch of them with friends over the next few days!

We had a great time yesterday, spending some time outside together.  Then we ordered some pizza and came home for a relaxing night in.  We decided to save "The Monuments Men" for a different night, so I'll give you a review of that when we see it.  Instead, we rented "Riddick" and watched some Olympics while snacking on cake balls!  All-in-all, a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment