Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Feeling Accomplished {Wednesday Wins}

Well, I have been feeling accomplished the past few days.  But, accomplishment does not come without its frustrations either.

First Win:  I finished another scarf already!  I wove it so fast that I didn't even take a picture of the warp for a sneak peek.  I really should have though.  The warp by itself was just mesmerizing.  It made me think of peacocks and circuses.  The colors are so vivid and lively.

Win #2:  I am reading a book that was actually written for adults!  It's true, I'm generally much more enraptured by the endless possibilities of teen fiction.  It seems that adult readers just won't stand for such outlandish and unthinkable things like magic powers, imaginary worlds, talking animals, and heap loads of daring rule-breaking.  However, right now I am reading a book that was written for an adult audience!  Wow!  This is also where the frustration comes in... a lot of the book is set in the early 1900s, and that's exactly how it reads.  The phrasing and diction are a challenge to follow sometimes.  In a section I read just today, the author went on for the long half of a paragraph about the behavior of electrons, and the subject of the book has nothing to do with science!  It is very rambling, winding, and descriptive, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.  It's an impossible love story at heart, and I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

Third Win:  Thanksgiving is tomorrow (and Friday, for me), and I can't wait!  I love Thanksgiving!  I wish it was not followed by Black Friday, but I just decide to act like Black Friday doesn't exist.  Yay!  A holiday that is purely for stopping to think about all the wonderful things we have in life is just wonderful!

Last one:  The weather today is just to die for!  All the windows in the house are open, and it's a beautiful, sunny, breezy 74 degrees!  Love it!

Woohoo!  Yay for wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment