Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies for One


O. my. goodness.

Last night, I found myself at home alone (which is not normal for the evenings).  And as I was sitting around doing very little of anything, I suddenly needed some peanut butter cookies.  I love peanut butter cookies.  And they're never a cookie Thomas would choose to eat.  Sure, if I make them, he'll probably break down and have a few just because they're there.  But, usually, peanut butter cookies are all mine to eat.

So this recipe is absolutely perfect for me!  It's a single serving cookie recipe.  And, I've done some single serving desserts previously (check out the Recipe Index), but never a traditional cookie, baked-in-the-oven, recipe.


These cookies were perfect!  Seriously.  They tasted amazing and were so soft and moist that they just fell apart in my hands and melted in my mouth.  Depending on what size you make your cookies, you could get anywhere from 2 to 10 cookies from this recipe.  Yes, it's a "single serving" recipe, but if you know what's good for you, you probably shouldn't eat all of the cookies in one sitting.  (Apparently I don't know what's good for me.)  But, oh, it was worth it!

This recipe comes straight from No. 2 Pencil, and she has several single serving recipes of all different varieties.  And if you're into these types of recipes, you should definitely check out the blog.  I have yet to try one of her single serving desserts that I did not like!  You go, girl!



Peanut Butter Cookies for One
From: No. 2 Pencil
Makes: 2-10 cookies depending on size

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
Pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a small bowl, microwave butter until softened (a little melted is fine).
  3. Stir in brown sugar, salt, and vanilla.
  4. Add peanut butter, and stir until combined.
  5. Separate the egg white and yolk, and stir in only the yolk.
  6. Add the baking soda and flour, and stir one final time.
  7. Using your hands, roll the dough into as many cookies as you like and place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet.  Flatten slightly with a fork.
  8. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges start to turn golden brown.
  9. Remove cookies to a cooling rack to cool.
  10. Enjoy with a glass of milk for dipping!  Yummy!
Ooh, I could make these again right now.  But, since it's ten in the morning, I guess I will refrain!

No comments:

Post a Comment